Nile Bank - your bank and more
Origins & Establishment
Origins & Establishment
Al Nile Bank for Commerce and Development
was established on November 11, 1982 under the name of the Islamic Cooperative Development Bank with a special law to be a supporter and financier of the cooperative movement, and began its banking business in June 1983 as the first public sector bank "at that time" by providing all banking and investment services focusing on the development and financing of the cooperative movement in accordance with the provisions of Islamic Sharia.
Nile Bank Establishment
- In March 2001, the bank was converted into a public joint stock company in accordance with the Companies Law of 1925 with registration No. (16379), and the most important fruits that the bank reaped as a result of its transformation into a public shareholding company:
- First: The possibility of offering its shares in the Khartoum Stock Exchange, which allowed shareholders to market their shares selling and buying by offering them in the secondary market in Khartoum Stock Exchange.
- Second: It provided the bank with a degree of administrative flexibility by freeing it from the administrative supervision of the state.
- In February 2013, the name and logo of the bank were changed to its current name and logo, and the main objective of the name and logo change was to establish a positive mental image of a comprehensive commercial bank that serves all economic sectors.”
- Regarding the activity, the Bank, as a comprehensive commercial bank, carries out all banking operations, which are:
1 / Opening deposit accounts and accepting deposits of various kinds.
2 / Financing all economic sectors using a variety of Islamic financing formats.
3 / Providing banking services in both the traditional and technical aspects.
We are proud to have been and continue to be an integral part of any phase that has witnessed or is witnessing economic development in Sudan, and by reviewing those achievements, today we can continue to focus our efforts on playing a leading role in shaping the future of our country. We firmly believe in the support we provide to the people of the Sudan and in the investment of the talents of the distinctive human elements in order to make progress to face the future with confidence and determination.